Hurley, South Dakota 

Welcome to the Good Life

Permits, Licenses & Forms

If you have documents to send to City Hall, you may email them to Some documents, however, have to be submitted as an original (such as a building permit); you can drop them off in person to 701 Burns Place; you may mail them to City of Hurley, PO Box 336, Hurley, SD 57036; or you may drop them in the water drop box at the library.

If there is a document you would like to see listed here, please contact us to let us know.

Thank you,

City Hall


 Building Permit

If you plan on doing any home improvements, repairs or putting up an addition or new house, you will need a building permit. We ask that you submit your permit application at least two weeks prior to the start of your project, and once approved, you have three months to begin, one year to finish, your project. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you, 

 Planning & Zoning

 Public Safety: Police & Fire

 Dog and Cat Licenses

All pets must be licensed with the City of Hurley. When you come in to register your pet, please bring proof of vaccination with you.

Once a year in the spring the city hosts Pet Day where you can have your pet(s) vaccinated by a veternarian and get licensed with the city. However, you may do this at any time during the year on your own.

 Garbage Pick Up

Garbage pick-up is the homeowners responsibility. Hurley currently has three companies that provide service:

A-OK Sanitary Service

PO Box 84912

Sioux Falls, SD 57118-4912

(605) 331-1103


Novak Sanitary

5000 W. 8th Street

Sioux Falls, SD 57107

(605) 338-7126


Sioux Falls Sanitation

PO Box 88514

Sioux Falls, SD 57109

(605) 338-8055


This is the official Web site of the city of Hurley, South Dakota. Copyright 2010. All Rights Reserved.